Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Turn! My Turn!


Hi! I'm Nikki. Jenni said I should post a picture. This has to be better than my "mummy" photo to the left! So let me tell you a bit about me. I'm a stay at home mom of 4 beautiful children ages 12, 10, 9, and 5. Three girls and one boy. They have pretty much been my whole life for the past 9 years (when I became a SAHM). Now that my youngest is in school, I was faced with feelings I NEVER thought I would have. I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF!! Can you believe it? If you were like me when my kids were home with me I kept thinking about all the things I could finally do when they were all in school! But when the time finally came I had a week of crisis when I couldn't believe they were gone. I felt so empty. Two things happened at that point. I decided to go back to community college to finish the last 17 credits I need for my associates in arts, and I started writing. Writing is such an adventure in itself. I absolutely LOVE IT! For the past five years I've been wanting to write but it didn't quite happen for me, as far as finishing a single novel. Now I feel like the Lord knew that it just wasn't the right time for me. Afterall, "To everything there is a time..." right? So now is my time! I started last March writing a middle grade fantasy novel. In May I finished a women's fiction novel that I started once upon a time. Then I went back to the middle grade novel and ending up taking two months to rewrite the WHOLE THING! I seriously only used about ten pages of the original manuscript! So it felt like I was writing my thrid book. I finally finished the rewrite and editing in November. In Dec. I queried agents, Jenni's agent liked my query letter and requested my full manuscript on an exclusive basis for four weeks. That time will be up next Tues. I'm hoping it will be a positive response. If not it's back to the drawing board. In the mean time I'm working on book two of this series. I'm really excited about it!
Jenni and I really want to get to know you all. Be sure to comment and tell us what you think of the blog so far and what you want us to discuss. If you're not Mormon, or not a mommy...No problem! We want to hear from you. The title of the blog just describes Jenni and I, it's not a requirement. LOL! Hope to be hearing from you soon!

1 comment:

  1. HI nikki!
    I love this post! I'm sooo excited for you! I hope it happens super fast!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails