Sunday, June 28, 2009

Family Life

I'm at my mom's house... the kids and company are swirling all around me. Life here never ends. It is always bustling and hurried and frenzied.

Completely crazy.

I love this life.

I need this life.

It's good to be home to remember what a good loving family is like. I'm so grateful I have these short few months with this hectic lifestyle to remind me as I go through my books and rewrite the family scenes to make sure they feel like this.

Full. Busy. Fun. Exhausting. And Loved.

Everyone needs this in their lives--or at least the dream of this. I hope and pray that every teen that reads my books yearn for this too.

Jenni

5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post, because I just think of all crazy time with my family. Have you seen the dinner scene in While You Were Sleeping? That makes me laugh everytime I watch it. Everyone talking and the conversation weaving in and out. I just love the interactions of that movie because it reminds me of home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I love that scene Amber! While you were sleeping is one of my favorite movies just because how endearing and real the family is. I think they did a wonderful job. Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this. We don't see enough functional, health families around us today, and it's nice to know they still exist outside my own family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that movie too! The dinner scene is hilarious!

    Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inkmom and Kristy--Thanks! I never realized until I got older, how lucky I truly was to have the family I have. Now, I just hope and pray my children feel the same. And that they remember to create their own magical family units when the time comes. Jenni

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails