Sunday, December 20, 2009

Exciting News!

First off, my new and improved website is finally up and ready for approval! If any of you would like to take a gander on over and tell me if something is wrong, I would greatly, greatly appreciate it! http://authorjennijames.com/



Secondly, and way more exciting... Jane Austen Today, one of my most favorite blogs--announced Northanger Abili, on its site! YAY! So when you get a moment, could please go give Vic some love by commenting and help a fellow MMW girl out? Check it out http://janitesonthejames.blogspot.com
(Also, could one of you MMW's please post a tutorial on how to do proper links on blogs, this week? I've forgotten!)


My blog's contest (for some yummy british chocolate) ends Monday night. I've had some awesome responses and my publisher has been excited to see the results! If any of you have anymore brilliant ideas in the next 24 hours or so, definitely stop by. Who knows, it could be you eating that temptingly glorious chocolate... http://authorjennijames.blogspot.com/


In other news...


There is an awesome conference coming up, hosted by Mormon Mommy Blogs, called The Casual Blogger Conference. I've already signed up to be a guest speaker, or teach a class--we'll see if they accept me--but we'd love to meet you gals! So if anyone is in the area at the end of May, here is the info! http://www.casualbloggerconference.com/ And if anyone wants to teach, or speak... they're still taking applications!


AND one of the coolest yearly writer's conferences, which just happens to be FREE (man, I love that word!) will be going on this year from February 11-13, at BYU. If you write fantasy, or sci-fi, then this is the place you need to be. (or, if you're like me... and just want to learn as much as you can, you can go too!) Brandon Sanderson is the guest of Honor this year, so you know it's going to be amazing! Check it out: http://ltue.org/LTUE2010.html


Also: The lovely Jenn Johansson, forwarded this on to me this morning...
If anyone is interested here is the info:


Hey Utah Writers!

Wanna come hang out with other writers in the area? Wanna have something delicious to eat? Then mark your calendars for Friday, January 15 from 4 - 8 PM. Suzette Saxton and Elana Johnson are throwing a writer get-together you won't want to miss! The main dish will be provided, but we ask that if you're coming, you email Elana and let her know so she can give you a food assignment. That way, we'll have many scrumptious treats and good company. The open house will be at Suzette's home in Elk Ridge, and her address and directions will be provided upon your RSVP.


Please RSVP to Elana at (message below with your email addy and I'll forward on the contact info). Or contact me through my blog...


Anyway, please forgive me... this post was going to be an awesome inspirational post all about how marketing and listening to the Lord, will help you with many opportunities to promote yourself. But after blogger ate my initial post into the internet ether... I'm just skipping to the goodies and letting you see how marketing and connections are everything for getting your name, book, and yourself out there!


The Lord really does want us to succeed. Doors and opportunities will open themselves up everywhere. We just have to listen to know where they're at.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jenni!
    Thank you for all the wonderful info! (Where is Elk Ridge, btw?)
    I can't wait to go to LTUE and meet you! It'll be way fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to LTUE so bad. I'm a new Brandon Sanderson fan! I didn't know you were going too, Jenni? Hmmm, if i can swing a plane ticket, can I crash at your house??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, where *is* 'in the area', exactly? Though I doubt I'm in it...

    website looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elk Ridge is in the south end of Utah County, about ten minutes south of Spanish Fork.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails