Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Post Nano review

For all those of you who participated in Nano this year, I'd love to hear your experiences with it. Even if you didn't finish. Was it beneficial to you?

I participated knowing that I wouldn't be able to pass the 50,000 word mark because I didn't have enough time to devote to it. But I was amazed at how much more writing time I did get in because I knew I had committed to write in all of my spare time. At times when I usually would have put on a movie I chose to write instead, etc. It kept my writing on my brain, which is what it really takes to keep those voices talking to me! It was a great experience. I'm glad Nikki talked me into it!

What was it like for you?

2 comments:

  1. I took off Sundays. Writing feels like my job now (a job that I absolutely LOVE though I'm not getting paid to do it just yet) and I wanted some wiggle room. So I took "off" weekends and used Saturdays if I fell behind.

    It was great because if I fell behind 1000 words, it meant an easy writing day on Saturday to make up for it, instead of tacking on extra words to the next day. (yuk!)

    So I wrote 2400 words a day and frequently wrote a few more, so I was even able to take off Thanksgiving!

    I really learned the value of consistency and pacing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I talked you into it, then didn't get very far myself! LOL! I do that every year! Just ask Jenni, Sugoi, and Shanti. They all finished last year and i didn't even get close! But I did write 7,000 words, not bad while having writer's block. I'm happy with it. Good job on giving it a shot!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails