Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Beginning...

Forgive the lateness of this post... but I've been traveling home from Farmington, NM where my daughter was baptized Saturday.

It got me thinking about the wonderfulness of new beginnings.


A new year.


A new month.


A new week.


A new day.


A new hour.


Every moment we're given is precious--and each moment is a new moment from the last. We have in each new moment, the ability to change whatever it is we want to change--to become whoever it is we wish to become. All it takes is one moment to start all over again.


A new chapter. A blank page.


You are the author now... this is your moment to shine...


What will your story be?

8 comments:

  1. You are so right, Jenni. I've been thinking a lot lately about what the Lord intended for me to do when he sent me here and what my mission in this life is. I haven't come up with any answers yet, but I have discovered it is possible to make something out of a pile of "stuff" that seems askew on the floor of life. I simply need to go through it all and organize it, take it one step at a time and finally it will all fit together like a puzzle. At least that is my hope. Knowing I can start over at any moment, keeps me searching for the answer. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about new this year. I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a simple post, I know... but something about that baptism triggered in me how much we really do take control of our own destiny. I think when life gets in the way, it's easy to sit back and wait for change to happen... instead of taking the initiative and changing it for ourselves. I'm ready to begin again... there is so much more I know I can achieve this year... so much more I'm ready to learn.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jenni! Congratulations on your daughter's baptism! How exciting and special! I can feel your thoughtfulness jumping right out of the computer and I know your heart is so full! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

    My story will be one of inspiration, hope, love, and endurance--for that is the story of my life!

    Love ya!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Hooray for the new year! I just love writing 2010 on things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Were I truly the author of my life, I wouldn't want to know the end of the story. All I would ask for is true love, happiness, health, and a way to pay my bills. And I've already got all that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the blank slate feeling that a new year gives me. Thanks for presenting other new beginning ideas. Loved them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails