Sunday, June 27, 2010

Bearing it All

I have to apologize, I had this all done and ready to go, for some reason, I had the posting day set for 2 weeks from now! How horrible is that??

Okay, now for my post:

Have you ever felt as if life has become impossible? Too many dishes. Too many dirty clothes. Too many toys. Too many weeds.

The husband didn't get his raise. The car broke down. You can't afford health insurance any longer.

You love writing, but the balance has tipped and now you feel you need to tuck your hobbies away to make time for everything else.

Wait a minute. Something is wrong--can you guess what it is?

With life, there are so many things that can trip our sights that we forget who we are. We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us . . .

If only we remember this at all times, all places--everything will melt into its proper place and our faith becomes renewed.

It is Christ's place to bear our burdens--He bore them that one night in Gethsemane. Why should I worry about anything if I do what He asks me to do? I believe that if I did them with faith--scripture reading, church attendance, family home evening, Temple attendance--everything will fall into place. I must believe they will. I must trust they will.

With trust in our Father in Heaven, great things can be done.

How does faith help balance out your home, hobbies, and spirituality?

5 comments:

  1. Great post, I have felt exactly like this all week. Overwhelmed. When I should quit worrying so much and give it all to God. "Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." Psalms 55:22

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, April! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and the scripture, I really appreciate that. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I'm very good at balancing - especially right now that the kids are out of school and we really don't have anything that could be recognized as a routine. But I have learned that the times in life that are the most stressful and I think I don't have time for my "hobbies" - those are the days when I need them the most. I usually take to reading or squeezing in some journal time. Thanks for the thoughtful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one really hit home! Thank you for putting it into perspective for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tamara--summers are much harder, aren't they? Here's to the constant endeavor of finding balance!

    Lisa, you're welcome! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails