Wednesday, June 23, 2010

We Interrupt This Regularly Scheduled Program....


Today's post from me was going to be about another of my favorite authors and what I had learned from her.
But just like TV shows, sometimes life interrupts our schedule with a big whack upside the head of reality.
On Friday of last week, my husband got laid off from work. He has six weeks before final termination to find a new job. I knew that his company was struggling, and that maybe it was time to start looking, but this came seemingly out of nowhere.
Needless to say, this weekend (and yesterday) has been a roller coaster of emotion. The Lord blessed us with the opportunity to go to the temple Saturday morning, where the Spirit was so strong, whispering peace and promises of a bright future. Sunday was also great, where I got to help out another sister from ward who broke her foot, so I subbed as Primary chorister for her. Service always brings the Spirit.
But Monday. Oh, Monday. It was the most depressing, overwhelming, bitter day. Oh yes, I wallowed. I moped. I complained. I got crabby with my kids. I indulged in food therapy, even though what I really wanted was retail therapy. And up until 8pm, I was misery personified.
The cloud began to lift as the kids went to bed, and Tuesday morning, I woke up fine. Happy. Excited for the future. Exited to write. Knowing that even though the road before us will be bumpy and filled with obstacles, the peace sent by the Lord is undeniable and will buoy us up during this time.
The reason I share this is that the road to publication is filled with obstacles, just like normal life. But if we know that this is the path we must tread, then we can do it with a light heart, knowing the Lord with support us in this course because we are following His direction.

So press on, dear sisters, press on! :o)

5 comments:

  1. I hope things start looking up for you soon! Just remember, the Lord has a plan and if you have faith things will turn out better than you ever expected--trust me. My husband has been injured at work twice (one time requiring six months of being in physical therapy and out of work) and we were better off afterwards than we were before the injury. Not financially. But the second injury actually blessed us financially, if that is possible to comprehend (his income was less but we were better prepared for financial trials that came because we had buckled down our spending).

    Hang in there. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW, Megan! My heart and prayers go out to your family. That is not an easy thing to come to terms with. Compared to your current hardship, trying to get published seems like a small obstacle. But I do understand what you mean about being able to come to see the hard road as blessed. I recieved a rejection letter this week for my picture book I've written. Instead of becoming "misery personified" like I've done in the past, I felt a sense of peace and determination to continue. Thanks for reminding us that the refiner's fire is to make us stronger not to bring us down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about the hard situation that you and your family are facing.

    It is great when the Lord sends His peace to get us through those times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a horrible thing to be going through. My heart goes out to you. My husband and I own a restaurant in a small town and it's always supported us just fine, but the last year or two things have really been tough. We've had to buckled down and make some major sacrifices just to survive, so I get what you're going through. Hang in there. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that knowing you are on the right road or in the right place makes whatever obstacles you have to face, not easy, but bearable. My thoughts and prayers are with you & your family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails