Thursday, November 18, 2010

To Lift Others Up

Our Stake Conference this week was a broadcast from Salt Lake that was sent to all 90 Stakes in Arizona.  The talks were amazing and I gained so much insight for myself and for the LDS self-help book I am writing.  To say that it was exactly what I needed to hear is an understatement of immense proportions.  But the speaker I'm going to focus on is the prophet, Thomas S. Monson.  I know one of the reasons he is prophet today is for our benefit.  There is a big movement in the LDS community to produce writing that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father.  Pres. Monson is such a literate man, in fact everything he says and writes has almost a poetic lilt to it.  We can learn much from him in just the way he paints pictures with nothing but words and fills in the gaps with the Spirit of the Lord.  As writers, we can definately look to him to be a teacher in not just the gospel but the writing parts of our lives.  Today, he spoke on lifting up others around us and his words elicited such profound feelings that I can't help but internalize his words and want to act on them in every facet of my life.  I am learning that I can do that by first visualizing the desired results and then allowing myself to feel the emotions of the desired results, then determine to reach those results.  Then, instead of bullying myself to get it done, I step back and allow my body to take the actions needed to reach the results.  It's working in my writing, and I am anxious to put it to work in every aspect of my life.  I have been nanoing and am on target and still going strong.

Now back to the Prophet's words today.  He said that we need to recognize our eternal potential and then determine to reach it.  He spoke of lifting each other up out of the depths of fear and loneliness.  I don't know about you guys, but I feel lots of fear and loneliness when trying to reach my writing goals.  It is our job to reach out to each other and by lifting each other out we get lifted ourselves. 

We have felt the call to reach our potential as writers for our Father in Heaven, now we must continue to act on this feeling.  In James 1:22 it says, "But be ye adoers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves."  Let's act on the feelings of the Spirit that we get, be it in our writing or our everyday lives and extend a hand out to those who need a lift.

(I'm not sure any of this made sense, just remember my brain is focused on my Nano story and not running on all cylinders!!  LOL!)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails