Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Years Resolutions

Yes, I said it. It is that time of year where people dream of a new life, a new and improved version of themselves. Some people take this seriously, and others don't. I belong to the Utah Children's Writers yahoo group, and every year several writers (most of whom are published) send their writing goals for the year, and report on the goals they set the previous year.

I'm mostly a lurker there, hoping that some of their greatness will rub off on me and I'll magically become a better, more consistent writer. But I'm always impressed by the height of their dreams. I've never submitted any, though.

So here I am, quivering in my boots, ready to plunge into a public declaration of my writing goals for 2011. You all out there can hold me accountable...maybe it'll get me off my behind this year. :)

Here goes, Megan Oliphant's writing goals for 2011:

1. Finish the rough draft of the three (count 'em, 3!) half-finished novels sitting in my files. Before June.
2. Polish at least 2 of them to the point of submission.
3. Decide which genre I really want to focus on. (All three of these novels are in different genres. :P)
4. Find an agent for my work.

Okay all, the gauntlet is thrown at your feet. Pony up with your own goals, if you dare. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Great goals!! I just posted about this on my blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some goals.Hopefully I'll accomplish them this year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails