Friday, June 24, 2011

It's Been a Long Week!

by Cheri Chesley

Yesterday I took my twins to the dr for their scout camp physicals. I love my kids. I'm not sure they'd be everyone's cup of tea, but I really, really think they rock. That being said, I apologized in advance when the doctor walked in the exam room. My boys have a tendency to get silly, synergize, and completely lose focus. It got real goofy, and I kept reminding them to calm down, remember where they are, etc.

Sometimes I just look at them and say, "Is this a playground?"

But my kids, being mine, say, "Um, yes."

So then I really give them the "Mom Look." That usually settles them down.

Yesterday, while one was being examined, the other one started getting really silly. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: I just want to let you know if you don't chill there will be repercussions."
Son (grinning like a loon): What are repercussions?"
Me: Consequences.
Son (smile falters ever so slightly): Oh.

The doctor suggested I send their scout master to him for a Valium prescription. ;)

Speaking of Valium (weird, huh), I spoke to my friend Rebecca last night. Now that her hair is gone, she's got the cutest little hats. I haven't seen her in a bit because she had chemo last week, and it takes a while to recover, but I wanted to take her the little present I'd found at The King's English Bookshop in SLC on Wednesday. Dean Hale, husband of Shannon Hale, published a children's book that's pretty dang cute, and I went up there because Shannon had announced she would also willingly sign books--and I had a stack for her. (I have a cousin in Indiana who's a big fan, and can't get out here for signings, but that's another story)
Rebecca makes these cute butterfly pins for breast cancer awareness. She's made me a bunch so I can sell them at book signings. I picked her up a copy of Ella Enchanted, because it was signed by the author. Pretty cool find.

Remember, it's not too late to HELP me help Rebecca with her medical bills. You can use the link to head over to my blog for info.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Valium! I can't believe your doc said that. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your twins are awesome!!

    probably they give you hard time .. everynow and then!!

    thanks for visiting my blog!! your's is mind-blowing!!


    with warm regards
    Another Author

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails