Thursday, June 21, 2012

Is it really Thursday?

I have to apologize that my post is so late today.  I've been sick this week, and trying to get ready for my son's fifth birthday party this weekend, and the end of the school year next week, among other standard life needs and demands on time.  I spent thoughtful moments brainstorming this morning on a possible topic for this week's post - for tomorrow.  I just came on to check for inspiration from today's contributor, and realized, "Oh my goodness, today is Thursday!  I'm supposed to be today's contributor!"

I really don't know where my head is.  I swore today was Wednesday.

So for lack of time and in a panic, I'm going to share a quick thought with you.

On Sunday, as my children and I were preparing brunch for Father's Day, I stood at the sink with my two oldest, who were helping wash up a few dishes.  We were enjoying a cheery conversation, some uplifting Sabbath music, and the joyous spirit that comes with celebrating the wonderful Father's in our lives.

As I was reflecting on the very topic of family, my daughter turned to me and said, "Mom, I feel like you're lucky to have us as children."

My heart about melted, because I couldn't agree more.

It was just another one of those moments when you realize how important the role of parenthood really is.  And why we must learn to balance our lives.

Have a lovely Thursday evening!  I will see you next week, hopefully better prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails