Thursday, July 19, 2012

Granola Inspiration

Just a quick thought to share with you today.  Inspiration can strike in the strangest of places.  The other day, I was opening a box of pumpkin flax granola (yes it's as good as it sounds) and something on the inner tab caught my eye.  When I took a closer look, I realized it was the following quote:

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant."
~ Robert Louis Stevenson

Perhaps I'm getting too caught up in the daily word count race, and let myself get too discouraged by not meeting certain goals when I planned.  Instead I need to focus on what I'm building - even if it is a slow, and sometimes painful process.  Day by day, I'm planting seeds.  And I have to plant, before I can harvest.  It is the natural order of things.

I don't know why the idea struck me with such force at that moment.  It's certainly not new or original, but it was what I needed at that moment.  And from a box of granola, of all places!

1 comment:

  1. That is a fabulous thought! Thanks for sharing. Summer has been killer on getting anything accomplished with writing but I'm planting more important seeds with my cute boys. Good luck with your planting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails