Friday, July 27, 2012

Please, a Little Help?

In the exciting craziness that is the last few days of actually launching a novel, I have a question and I NEED your help. This is the back cover for The Tyrant King:
What does this mean to you? Does it interest you in the story? Are you worried about what the devastating loss may be?

Because I know the story, I can't tell whether what I think may be a potential flaw is actually a flaw. Or whether it's misleading. And whether I want to purposely mislead my readers (if it is misleading to them) so that when they read the book they will be relieved.

Or if I'm maybe worrying too much about it. :P

Input, please. I'm grateful for your expressed opinions.

5 comments:

  1. I am really intrigued by this b-liner, and like the phrase "devastating loss," so it looks ok by me. Watch out for the missing quotation mark on the second line.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the backliner, but I think it's hard to read in that font. I would also set off the "dialogue portion" more somehow so it is clearly an excerpt. (Smaller font, etc.) (And I think you need quotes in front of "You lie." Unless I just can't see them with the sparkles.)

    My two cents. :)

    Sounds like an interesting story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My suggestion... The background is not that great. It is throwing off the text. I would take away the second dialogue excerpt, "You think not?" etc. It would add far more mystery to who Krystal is speaking to and then you jump right into the synopsis. I'd also italicize the author blurb because it threw me off, I thought I was still reading about the book. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Jareth her Kingdom? I am not sure.

    Book sounds interesting. I agree with some of the previous comments. There needs a visual cue to distinguish the author bio from the b- line. Also I think it could go either way but the reply in the second quotation can be removed but doesn't have to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all of you. We did a bit of touch up to the back and I think it's much better.

    Amber, Jareth is her husband. Fayterra is the kingdom. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails