Thursday, December 13, 2012

Family Togetherness With Chapter Books

First off - thank you for the wonderful book suggestions last week!  I've already checked them out from the library.  There is nothing quite like finding a good book to share...

This week, I'm looking for some good discussion on middle grade and young adult literature that can be read together and enjoyed as a family - because isn't that part of what Christmas is all about?

As the kids get older, and the daily tradition of reading together transitions from picture books to chapter books, what are some of the quality works of literature that will brings our families together? 

Here are some of my suggestions for MG and YA books that can be enjoyed and discussed as a family (Please note that while I love books like the Harry Potter Series, and do read them with my kids, due to their level of fame, I'm going to stick with discussing other works):






Your turn!  What do you like to read with your older kids?

Be sure to visit next week to share your favorite Christmas books...

1 comment:

  1. Maniac Magee and Loser by Jerry Spinelli
    Twenty One Balloons by Pene Du Bois
    Wayside School by Louis Sachar
    Hatchet by Gary Paulsen

    Only after reading my list did I realize these are all boy narrators. I need to read my girls more girl books apparently. :)

    It's hard to go wrong reading books aloud to children. If you throw in an Irish accent with lots of tongue rolling you can make anything great! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails