Thursday, December 20, 2012

Merry Christmas - Let's Read!

Wow!  It's just four days till Christmas.  Where did December go?  Never mind that - where did the year go?  I think I'm finally ready for Christmas morning, but it seems as though little 'to-do's' keep popping up. 

Before we all head into the last few magical days of Christmas, I thought I'd share some of my families favorite picture books - Christmas style. 


We read this book every Christmas Eve - it helps to draw the parallel between the secular and spiritual sides of Christmas.  Plus, the writing is sweet and simple.


This is part of the bear series by Karma Wilson, which has a catchy rhyming style the kids can't get enough of.


This book is one of my all time Christmas favorites - I still can't read the last page without crying.  And of course it is better than the movie!


I love Fancy Nancy - so why not add some Christmas pizzazz!


And you can't beat Laura Numeroff for circle stories.

What about you - what are your favorite Christmas books to read as a family?

1 comment:

  1. I love all the books you listed, but I have to add The Grinch to the list! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails