Sunday, February 3, 2013

Such A Good Idea...

     Over the last couple of weeks we have had a really hard time getting together to write.  We haven't been able to make any progress on our WIP.  We both have been so busy we just haven't found the time.  Neither one of us has had our minds on our writing.  This week I wanted to focus on coming up with a good topic to write on today, especially since we kinda flaked on our post last week.  In spite of my best efforts my mind has been caught up in the myriad thoughts and tangles of life.  However, last night as I stared into the darkness my mind finally started to work.  I had a couple of thoughts and ideas for our story, I even had a new idea come and start to take shape.  Then as I approached that blissful state where I knew my mind was drifting off to dreamland I had this really great idea for a post.  Normally I would jot some notes down so that I wouldn't forget anything by morning, but for whatever reason, I'm sure it had to do with my desire for sleep outweighing logic, I did not do this.  I figured, "This idea is so clever and fun that I will definitely remember it by morning."  Morning came but I could not remember what this grand idea was, only that I had had it. This is not the first time I've done this.  In fact, I have done this same thing countless times.  I don't know why I haven't learned my lesson.  I can't tell you how many good ideas (at least they seemed like good ideas in the middle of the night) I have lost, never to remember again, simply because I didn't write them down. 

So here is my advice to any and all of you:
If you have an idea WRITE IT DOWN!

One of these days I will take this advice, no matter how memorable I think the idea might be, and write down my thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails