Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Talking Tuesday: Why do I Write?

My messy Little Man at a horse show.




Most writers have their ups and downs.  One day you are on the top of the world writing the worlds best novel, the next day you are certain that pages of your writing are not even fit to wipe a bottom.  It can be hard to maintain the confidence to continue.  It awakes the question within us, "Why do I write?".

If you have not figured out what you are writing for, giving up is an easy thing to do.  Whether we like to admit it or not writing can get messy.  Sometime our first drafts would embarrass us more than messing our pants.  Don't give up in the early stages.

Hopefully, the answer you will find to the "Why do I write?" question is "I love writing, it makes me happy."  You will need to rely on that answer at the low moments when it is hard to press on.  I hope that you will find the joy in the ups and the downs as well.  Getting messy can be fun.   Just because we may not want anyone to ever read our rough drafts, doesn't mean we cannot enjoy drafting them.

Go write and have fun.
 Don't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails