Thursday, May 16, 2013

Are You A Serial Killer?

Here's a light-hearted post for you today:

My sister-in-law and I have attended the LDStorymakers Conference in Utah several times together.  This year, though I was unable to go, she brought along her daughter, my 15-year-old niece.  She related this story to me, and I enjoyed it so much, I had to share it.  (The details may be not be wholly accurate - it is a retelling after all!)

Apparently they were sitting together at a table in the main ballroom, listening to a panel of speakers.  One of them made reference to the Dan Wells book, "I Am Not A Serial Killer."  My sweet niece leaned over to her mother and asked,

"Mom, what's a serial killer?"

My sister-in-law thought about the question briefly before responding,

"It's somebody who murders person after person."

My niece nodded, and looked thoughtfully around the room before saying,

"I guess that means we're sitting in a room full of serial killers."


I had to laugh, because in a twisted sort of way, when you're surrounded by other writers, it's true!   I've even read quotes from authors such as J.K. Rowling where she laments about how difficult it can be to kill off a favorite character from a storyline.  It also reminded me of the movie, "Stranger than Fiction".  I'm not usually a huge Will Ferrell fan, but he won me over in that show.  If you haven't watched it, go check it out.  Pure genius. 

Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails