Monday, October 7, 2013

What would I change?


Most of us have been told numerous times that we are heirs to our Father in Heaven, correct?  I’ve heard it most of my life, and I have always believed it.  I know that each and every one of us has a chance to have all that our Father has.  But as I allowed my mind to wander, as it usually does when I am delaying getting a start on my daily duties, a question came to my mind.

What if I KNEW I was to be an heiress?”

Bear with me, this path of randomness can get confusing, even to me.  It often results in delusions of grandeur...  but as I imagined an angel appearing to me and telling me that I was “foreordained” to be one, my mind went nuts with all kinds of questions.  The one that really stood out to me is; knowing this, what would I do differently?

I don’t think I’d wake up the same.  I wouldn’t “put my pants on the same way” again!  (I’d be lying if I said I didn’t briefly picture myself walking around with a tiara on my head, as I washed dishes and studied for my classes) I’d feel as if I had a different bar to live up to.  Granted, I think I’d have to still allow a certain amount of mortal error, but I think I’d try harder.  I don’t think most of us understand what it really means to be an heir/heiress to the kingdom of God.  We are not random results of our mortal life.  And there is not just one single person that is allowed the joy of this inheritance.  Not only would it give more purpose and motivation to our goals, but I believe it would make our trials, and missing out on our righteous desires, feel very temporary... 

We believe in our Heavenly Father, but do we BELIEVE him?  This is what we are meant to be!  So just pretend that I am that angel that appears to you, and says, 

“Daughter/Son of God, You are to inherit the Kingdom of God.  You will reign by the side of your eternal companion.  Now, go and be.”

As we see the different events going on around us, especially politically, let us remember this thought.  Act as an heir/heiress would act, and do it on purpose!  We might feel intimidated by the thought of what we need to do, whether it be changing our actions at home, or in our communities.  

We are to do what we can, make a change, but keep our sights on the real goal, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man! (Moses 1:39)  This is especially important as we live, with our sights set on the second coming of Christ.  

Galatians 3: 26-29

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female; for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. 

Now, are you going to get up in the morning and act as the heir/heiress that you are to be?

2 comments:

  1. Love this, Syra! "Act as an heir/heiress would act, and do it on purpose!” I think that statement is so powerful. The world trains us to REact rather than to ACT. Royalty does not react- they remain composed and choose their actions carefully. That is something I need to work on. Thanks so much for sharing this thought today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I will always remember when my sister taught some of the younger children in Primary--she always called them Princess Sarah/Prince Jeremy/etc. She was constantly teaching them that they were princes and princesses (complete with the ability to fight spiritual dragons, make righteous decisions, etc.). I love that. (Oh, plus, tiara! Win!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails