Sunday, December 8, 2013

Inspiration Notebooks


 
Nanowrimo just ended and I did not write 50,000 words of a novel. Starting out the month I knew that I would not be able to complete it. I have been working on a story called The Hope Chest and it is a story about my grandparents and their lives during a period while they were engaged. My grandpa was called away to World War II and didn’t return for four years. With each chapter I write I read several letters, my grandpa’s journal and research with history books. It is a project that I love, but has taken several years to get the story the way I want it. I am almost done and hope to finish by next April.

I also write on my genealogy blog Sharing Apples and for a web site called Family Storytelling. On top of that I get ideas and write them down. In the past I have just written down phrases or ideas on random pieces of paper. Slowly I started collecting notebooks. Specific notebooks for each thing I am writing. I keep a notebook in my car, one in my purse, in my bedroom and wherever I might need it.

I met an author that has several books out and she was talking about all her notebooks that she keeps. It made me feel good that I wasn’t the only one who did that.

I get those creative ideas and I need to get them down whenever, wherever. What do you do to keep track of your ideas? Do you have a stash of notebooks too?

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I wish I had a stash of notebooks! I was getting ready to sit down and write the other day and I had to go grab a receipt from my purse, a scrap of paper I had been using as a bookmark, a bill envelope, and a notebook page (from my bathroom, lol). That’s where I write my ideas! But notebooks...my, what a novel idea! I shall have to try that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a notebook junkie, as well. I also use the Notes app with voice command on my iPhone all of the time. Thank heavens for technology, especially when I'm driving in my car!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails