Friday, September 19, 2014

Let There Be Light - Again

I didn't publish a post two weeks ago when I should have, because my dad was not doing well, and I was bummed out by world affairs and our daughter leaving for Ireland and book concerns, and I was just a grumpy-pants.  I didn't want to dump all that here.  So, I dumped it on my own blog  HERE.  Check it out if you want to see where my heart was two weeks ago.

If you'd just as soon skip the gloom, read on. I'm in a better place today, and I just want to thank God for the fact that the sun ascends every morning.  Every twenty-four hours, light appears again, and we get to start over.  No matter what occurred yesterday. I'm grateful for cinnamon toast and hot water and physical therapists and Downton Abbey.  Big things and little things, significant things and trivial things. This life can be so difficult and confusing, I just need to enjoy soft serve ice cream dipped in chocolate once in a while. And not feel guilty about it.


I've been watching the mini-series The Roosevelts: An Intimate History (on PBS), and I've been astounded by FDR's bout with polio and his struggle to recover.  It was a brutal, depressing time in his life. He overcame so much, and I get so grumpy about having to clean the bathrooms (didn't I just do this?!) I so easily forget there is suffering everywhere, and most of it is much worse than mine.  I have a small mind and a very short memory.

So, today I'm writing about how glorious God is and how grateful I am for everything I have.  I'm blessed in many ways I often take for granted.  I'm so glad God is patient with me and loves me no matter what.  Because, Miss Grumpy-pants shows up too often around here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails