Thursday, October 2, 2014

Why? (a conversation of parenthood)

- a post by Jeanna Mason Stay

Confession time: I wrote this post on my personal/family blog a few years ago. I ran across it again recently, and because I am absolutely without inspiration for this week’s MMW post, I’m totally cheaterpantsing and using it again here. Hope you enjoy my slackerliness!

Version 1:

Please don’t drop that toy in the toilet.

Why?

Because then we’d have to throw it away.

Why?

Because it would get germs on it from the toilet.

Why?

Because toilets are where poops and pees go, not toys.

Why?

Because that’s what toilets are made for.

Why?

Because someone invented them so that we could use them for poops and pees.

Why?

Because back in the olden days, people had to go to the bathroom outside, even when it was cold or dark out.

Why?

Because everybody eats, so everybody poops.

Why?

Because that’s how God made us.



Version 2, on a less patient day:

Please don’t drop that toy in the toilet.

Why?

Because I said so, that’s why.

4 comments:

  1. Don’t you love how the conversation goes from a toy in the toilet to how God made us? The story of my life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I've been doing a lot of versions 2 lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! The answer to everything should be "because that's how God made us (it)." :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails