Monday, November 3, 2014

Creative Juices!

Happy Monday!!  Here's an interesting thought to ponder for your wonderful start of the week;

For a minute I'm going to bear a bit of something personal in order to expound on a thought I've recently had.  A few weeks ago, I made a decision to come off of a medication that was helping me with dealing with anxiety.  I felt inspired in this decision, so I went ahead and started tapering off of it immediately.  (I found out soon enough that I needed to take longer to taper off of this particular one)

Outside of dealing with some of the obnoxious symptoms you typically get, I noticed a few things.  I am very self aware, and noticed right away that I started to feel emotions more easily than when I was on it.  It was a bit unnerving to be honest, because I hadn't felt such strong access to my emotions in a while.  But the thing that I noticed the most was that I felt my creative juices kick up incredibly!  All of the sudden, I had things to say and write, and had no problem expressing them.  (Unfortunately, there were also times when I expressed a bit too much, like yelling out the window at someone on a scooter that was driving crazy in my parents neighborhood, to slow down... a bit liberating in some ways!)

When I realized that I was tapering off too quickly, I immediately went up to the right dosage.  I noticed right away that those "creative juices" faded.  I felt as if something was shut off!  I have never had any issues in the past with expressing myself, especially in my writing, but this was a significant difference!

So this was the question I wanted to pose on this beautiful Monday morning; Have any of you experienced anything similar?  Is there something else that posed a challenge in expressing yourself, and what was it?  How did you overcome it?  What helps you to overcome your creative blocks?

Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. I was on an antidepressant for awhile. What I noticed while on it was that I couldn't cry. Those meds kind of flat line your emotions, which can be both good and bad.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails