Monday, October 31, 2016

NaNoWriMo- I Am Doing It!


(to be sung to the tune of Family History- I Am Doing It!)

NaNoWriMo- I Am Doing It!
Yes, Na-aNoWriMo!

And the stress I feel when I'm doing it
Will increase as I go!
I write words and words, and words and words!
I write my own story
I keep track of my wo-ord count
For everyone to see!

I wasn't going to do it, because I haven't been writing. At ALL.

But then Halloween weekend happened. Halloween weekend looked like this:


The Harry Potter-themed trunk for our ward Trunk-or-Treat.



The coordinated Harry Potter costumes, including my handcrafted wand carved from a stick in my backyard, a DIY brooch made from chipboard, and...


...this Hedwig the owl costume fashioned out of a hoodie, fleece, and felt.



And then there was this fairy house pumpkin I carved.
What does all this have to do with NaNoWriMo, you may ask? Well, as I was practically giddy throwing all of this creative energy into making all this stuff, at one point I thought to myself, What is the deal with me this year? I don't ever remember being quite so into Halloween before...

Then it dawned on me: I haven't been writing.
As it turns out, my creativity is like a geyser. If I don't use it, it just keeps building up inside me, and eventually it all comes spilling out all over the place into whatever outlet it can find. 

This time, it happened to be all over Halloween. 

I decided that as much fun as hand-carved wands and glue-gun owl costumes are, I could probably make better use of my creative flow, so I am choosing to redirect it back to writing once more.

My NaNoWriMo website name is KaseyLeigh- I would love to connect with other MMWs on there! Maybe plan a few live Facebook write-ins during November?

NaNoWriMo- I am doing it! Want to join me?

P.S. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails